2017 has come and gone. Another year that has flown by, the kids are older, a few more gray hairs showing up and trying to stay and few more dreams realized and a few laid by the wayside. As with every year, there have been ups and downs, but the beginning of the year has me reflecting back on all that 2017 had to offer.
lessons in 2017
I can’t exactly explain why, but I feel like 2017 was a year of real vulnerability for me. I literally felt like I was walking around with all my nerve endings exposed. I think I spent a good part of the year, wondering why that was, and then the other portion of the year trying to accept it. According to one of my favorite authors Brene Brown, “Daring greatly means the courage to BE VULNERABLE. It means to show up and be seen. To ask for what you need. To talk about your feelings. To have the hard conversations.” And, truthfully, these were all things that I tried to do in 2017 and it is something I plan to bring forward into 2018. I will tell you that no matter the outcome, inserting vulnerability into your life tends to lesson the speculation. If you know what you want, go after it and don’t receive it, well then you know you tried. If you tell someone what is expected of them, and they fail to meet your expectations, there is no more wondering if maybe they aren’t getting it. You know and so do they.
on a personal front
- I now have a 21 year old and a 13 year old. Geez… (Ok, maybe don’t tell anyone else that. They will figure out just how old I am lol.)
- i jumped head first into learning how to cook more low carb food options for myself and my family.
- i maintained a great A1C , for the entire year.
- We redesigned our 13 year old daughter’s room, to make it more fitting for a young lady.
- Oooh… and I managed to total my car, just three days after it was paid off (head banging).
on a business front
- Our Etsy Store hit 536 Etsy Sales.
- Our NOLA poster became our Highest Selling Item.
- Posters in General were the Highest Selling Category in the Store for 2017.
- We Added Physical Invitations to Our Shop.
- We Made A Lot of Updates to the Blog.
- Leaned Into Being An “Influencer” on our Social Media Platforms. By the way, are following us? (Links Above)
my favorite books from 2017
- The Monkey On My Back by Debbi Morgan
- Big Magic Elizabeth Gilbert
- Remembering Whitney by Cissy Houston
- Milk and Honey Rupi Kaur **** (A Must Read)
As we embark upon our next adventure, the year 2018. Always Remember, “Time is at once the most valuable and the most perishable of all our possessions.” – John Randolph