Now, that my daughter has officially hit her teenage years, I’ve noticed that just asking how her day was seems to get me less and less. Last year on Pinterest, I ran across several lists of questions to ask your kids in lieu of How Was Your Day? And, my girls and I had so much fun with it. It opened up the door to limitless conversations and a lot of laughter.
So with their help, I decided to come up with a list of my own, in no particular order.
- Who did you sit with at lunch today?
- What was for lunch today?
- Who would you say is your closest friend at school?
- What school activities are going on this week?
- What is your favorite movie?
- What is your favorite tv show?
- What is your favorite song?
- What is your ideal day?
- What is your favorite dessert?
- What was your favorite day?
- Is there anyone at school that needs your help?
- Is there anyone at school that needs my help?
- Do you like your teachers?
- What is your favorite class?
- What is your least favorite class and why?
- What can I do to help you with that class?
- So far what was the best day of your life?
- So far what was the worst day of your life?
- What are you thankful for?
We are always looking for new questions to add to our list, what are some of the questions that you ask your kids to get to know them better?