Enjoy Your Freebies and Have A Marvelous Weekend.
This week’s Freebie Friday is geared towards shutterbugs and photographers courtesy of Anwar Thomas Photography (aka my hubby). Here are his notes on Today’s Freebie. As a photographer, have you ever taken what you believed to be the perfect photo and later realized there were no clouds in the sky? It happens to inexperienced and seasoned photographers alike. So with that in mind, today’s Friday Freebie is a set of 9 cloud overlays. This set of overlays are high resolution (300 dpi) jpeg files that you are free to use to enhance the sky and background of your digital photos. The files are compatible with all photo editing software that supports jpeg files.
Have an Awesome Weekend!!
One Freebie: Lunch Box Notes
Super Sweet Lunch Box Note Printables – To Download – Click On the Link – Save – Print – Cut
Have an Awesome Weekend!!
Download Print and Frame and Voila!!
What is your favorite poem? Consider sharing your favorites with us.
They say you can tell a lot about a person by the music they listen to. I am not sure how true that is. But, for Fun Friday this week, I decided to give you a Glimpse into the Avenues of my Soul(giggle). So I put my iPhone on Shuffle and recorded the first 10 songs that popped up.
1. Baby’s In Love (featuring Kid Ink) – Jamie Foxx
2. Backup Plan – Angie Stone
3. Best Friend Remix – Olivia & 50 Cent
4. Best of Me – Anthony Hamilton
5. Black Roses (featuring Claire Bowen) – Nashville Cast
6. Brave – Sara Bareilles
7. A Change is Gonna Come – Sam Cooke
8. Cost is Too High (Not to Love) – Adaline
9. Dreaming with a Broken Heart – John Mayer
10. She’s Got A Way – Billy Joel
That took some Bravery on my part. Enjoy the Official Video for Brave by Sara Bareilles
That was fun!! Ok, now that I spilled the beans. Time for you to Share the first 10 Songs that show up in Your iPhone Shuffle. I’d love to get to know you. Consider sharing using #toptenshuffle.
Do you find yourself having the same conversation over and over again, so much so that you wished you had a voice recorder hanging around your neck. Join the Club of which I am not only a Member, but I very well may be THE PRESIDENT.
1. Wake up – Hurry Up!!
2. Who used the last of the toilet tissue?
3. Please turn down the volume.
4. I don’t know what’s for dinner or when it will be ready? (All while I am actively cooking dinner.)
5. No, you can’t have a 4th cup of juice, a 3rd donut, or more ice cream.
6. No Maam, I don’t want to give you my phone number so that you can text me about upcoming sales.
7. No, I do not want to do the survey at the end of the call after waiting for 30 mins for your Customer Service Representative to pick up.
8. No Sir, I don’t want to repeat my order for the fifth time only to get the wrong order when I get to the Second Window.
9. No, I am not interested in opening a No Name Bank Account in the Super Market, especially when your flyer has Customer Spelled incorrectly.
10. No, I don’t want to donate to the XYZ Football Team. Why, because your shirt says the ABC football team?
You remember the 90’s right? Life was still so very easy. I don’t know about you, but back in those days my biggest concern was finding the perfect look for the day and having a Great Hair Day. I sure miss those days, but even more than I miss those days. I miss the music. When your turned on your radio back then, you were gonna move your body. Thank God for Pandora and iTunes Radio that can tailor your music to your preference.
So let’s have some fun – here are our Top 30 Favorites for the 90’s:
1. Snoop Dog – What’s My Name
2. Notorious BIG – Juicy
3. No Doubt – Don’t Speak
4. Lauren Hill – Doo Wop (That Thing)
5. Weezer – Buddy Holly
6. Nirvana – Smells Like Teen Spirit
7. Bryan Adams – Everything I Do, I Do It For You
8. Red Hot Chili Peppers – Under The Bridge
9. LeAnn Rimes – How Do I Live
10. Boyz II Men – End of the Road
11. Shania Twain – You’re Still The One
12. Van Halen – Right Now
13. Arrested Development – Tennessee
14. Bell Biv Devoe – Poison
15. Janet Jackson – Escapade
16. Stereo MC’s – Connected
17. Ini Kamoze – Here Come’s the Hot Stepper
18. Blackstreet – No Diggity
19. Soul Asylum – Runaway Train
20. Aerosmith – I Don’t Want to Miss A Thing
21. Backstreet Boys – I Want it That Way
22. Green Day – When I Come Around
23. Eminem – My Name Is
24. Missy Elliott – The Rain
25. Public Enemy – 911 is a Joke
26. Cher – Believe
27. Gin Blossoms – Hey Jealousy
28. Outkast – Rosa Parks
29. Mary J. Blige – Real Love
30. SWV – Weak
I had a ball listening to these songs as I was going through the list. What is your favorite 90’s song from the list? Do you think we missed one? Let us know in the comments section below.
We made it to the Weekend!! That is reason enough to celebrate with all the craziness going around. Every Weekend, I entice myself with plans of pulling the covers up around my neck, sleeping in, drinking coffee in bed and reading a good book. And, then I am startled awake by two, entirely too awake, wide eyed and bushy tailed little girls. Every now and then dh takes pity on me and I wake up to the smells of breakfast wafting through the house and my little monsters happily eating. This is always a treat. Even though I often miss the days of peace and quiet, I know all too well that these times won’t last forever.
For Today’s Fun Friday Post, I am opening up the blinds and letting you in on what made it on my radar this week.
1. Monday was a Holiday and Tuesday was a Snow Day, or in Georgia a Potential Threat of Ice Day. What do you do with your kids on Snow Days? It’s just enough to drive this Mommy crazy. Being stuck in the house all day with children who want you to entertain them, can really leave you grasping at straws. Here are some ideas I found around the web to maintain your sanity, while still scoring major Mommy points. I am putting these on my list for next year(because hopefully we are done with this, and Spring is on it’s way.). The Indoor Picnic – Game Marathons – Cookie Baking and Decorating Contest – Beauty Parlor – Hair and Mani-Pedis. Just to scratch the surface. I am working on a more detailed post just on that.
2. The Return of the Mack aka Frank Underwood and my favorite Netflix Series House of Cards. In case you have been living under a rock for the last two seasons. Find out more about Francis and Claire here. It came out this morning, and once this post gets published, I will be in a self induced House of Cards Coma for the next 13 episodes.
3. My girls are particularly excited about the Release of the Annie DVD. I mean over the moon. There was a lot of hand holding, screaming and straight up joy, when they found out that we could actually pre-order the movie now. I must admit that I have kind of overdosed on the sound track, because they play it every day. But, since I don’t intend to have to stomp out an uprising in my own home. I guess Mommy will tow the line.
4. Looking for some Inspiration and Positive Vibes – Check out my (3) Favorite Instagram Feeds for this week:
5. What I am currently looking forward to – The iPhone 6 Plus or the 6 (Eligible for my Upgrade on 3/1/15) – I haven’t quite decided yet, and yes I know I am way too excited about that…
5. My favorite quote for the week:
Photo Source: Pinterest
Enjoy The Weekend!!
Our Most Purchased and Favorited Digital Print Set – Set of 4 – Butcher Diagrams – Pig, Chicken, Lamb, and Cow – 8X10 – Meat Chart – DIY – Wall Art – Restaurant Art – Meat Cut
Our Most Requested and Favorited Pillow Design – The University of Alabama Custom Pillow – [No Longer Available in Shop]
Our Most Favorited and Purchased iPad/iPhone Monogrammed Wallpaper – Preppy Argyle Monogram iPad/iPhone Wallpaper (Pink and Blue) Set of 2 – Personalized Wallpaper – Custom Wallpaper – Phone Background
Stage Presents has literally filled orders from All Over The World. We have sold our items to customers in Bottrop, Germany, Dusseldorf, Germany, Canberra, Australia, and Nagakute, Japan.
OWNER FAVORITES: I know we aren’t supposed to show favoritism but Hubby and I each have our favorite items in the store. We both really have more than one, but, for arguments sake we narrowed it down.
** I am sure he picked this one because it’s an Anwar Thomas Photography Original. I confess, I love it too.**
I love that they are OVER-SIZED and the design of these pillows, and the best part is, we carry it in another color found here.
Thanks for joining us on our Fun Friday Favorite Journey!!
Since going from a 2 to 1 income household, being more frugal has become a big part of my life. I certainly was not excited, nor did I welcome the changes that had to be made to maintain our lifestyle. But, I knew it had to be done. There was a lot of restructuring that had to be done and the pieces of the puzzle seem to continually stay in motion. But, that being said, there are still some things that I just don’t skimp on.
Cleaning Supplies: Dish Washing Liquid, Laundry Detergent, All Purpose Cleaners & Disinfectant Wipes. I know not everyone, my Mom included, will agree with me here, but I stand by this one. The cheaper options just don’t cut it, or you have to use more to achieve the desired results.
Skin Care Products: Moisturizers, Lotions, Facial Cleansers, Lip Gloss, Makeup. Eventually, I feel like you know what works for your skin. I am not a big makeup person, but I swear by MAC Lip Liner and their Tinted LipGlass. After a lot of trial and error with facial cleaners and moisturizers I am a devoted Garnier fan. I use their Balancing Daily Exfoliator and their Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel Cream. I am less discriminating about my lotions, as long as it gives me extra moisture for the winter months, I can get by with Vaseline Intensive Care.
Perfume/Cologne: Whether you are purchasing this for yourself or as a gift. Don’t cheap out when it comes to this. You know how you feel when that special someone goes by you and you catch a whiff of his Special Scent. Right??
Toiletries: Toilet Tissue, Paper Towels. For me this is about both comfort and cleanliness, no 1 ply for me. As for paper towels, I am an all the way BOUNTY girl. I need my Paper Towels to be Heavy Duty. I think this is a MOM requirement. **Not to mention, I have tried some bargain brands that leave something to be desired when it comes to the way they smell when wet. Has anyone else experienced this? **
Housewares: Linens, Bedding, Towels. Purchasing Quality Housewares prevent you from having to purchase them over and over again. I say buy the higher end products, the higher thread counts, the heavier towels and washcloths. They will last longer and just give you a more pleasurable/luxurious experience. And, White Sales are pretty common place (especially in January), even if you have to wait to catch these items on sale. They will be well worth the wait.
Kitchen Appliances: Blender, Food Processor, Juicer, Toaster and Coffee Maker. No one wants to begin any kind of project in the Kitchen only to find that your appliance has failed. I can’t tell you how many blenders I went through before I decided to invest in one that was up to the task.
Nutrition: Vitamins, Medicine, and Even Healthier Food Options. It just is not easy to live healthy. It sucks, but it is the truth. I try to give my family healthy food choices and options, but I will be the first to admit that I wish I could shop Whole Foods exclusively. On this, I say do the best you can within the confines of your budget. They will thank you later.
Shoes: I am a shoe lover and kind of a shoe snob too. I probably would have a closet full of shoes, if wasn’t so picky when it comes to my shoes. Instead I have my staples. Basic Black Pumps, A Stylish Wedge, Fancy Sandals with or without a heel, that you can dress up or down, Rain Boots, Winter Boots, Sneakers(for Exercise Purposes, and then for Sporty Mom purposes), and as many pairs of Heart Stoppers (the ones that always get you a second look) and Flip Flops, as you can manage. In this case, quality just last longer, providing you take care of them.
“Underthangs”: And, let’s face it , even if you are the perfect weight and height, the older we get the better quality we need. Things just don’t settle where they used to.(side-eye) They need to pull in, lift up, and separate, etc. lol.
A Good Bed: Is EVERYTHING!! Not sure this even needs an explanation, it makes the difference in both Good Nights and Good Mornings.
What are the purchases that you JUST DON’T SKIMP ON? Share your Comments Below.